The Hawaii project incorporating Hawaii East and Hawaii West is First Metros pilot project, purchased in the year 1998 and is situated in the South Beach area. This building was once a timesharing resort and was not designed as such for a permanent residential block. First Metro carried out a refurbishment exercise to structure it for the purpose of a residential rental accommodation.
128 units (Inner City – South Beach, Addington). This high rise project consists of 101 one bedroom flats and 27 two bedroom flats, a former timesharing complex, and after refurbishment is now available for permanent rental accommodation (since 1999).
Units and Types:
128 Units in total comprising:
- 93 one bedroom non sea views - average size of 37 m²
- 8 one bedroom sea views - average size of 37 m²
- 27 two bedroom units - average size of 66 m²
The following services are provided in the building:
- 24 hour security
The above units are fitted with the standard following specifications listed below.
- An open plan kitchen with fitted built-in cupboards and ceramic tiles.
- Lounge and passage fully carpeted.
- Toilet and bathroom fully ceramic tiled with bath and shower facilities.
- Lounge fully carpeted with built-in cupboards.
- Bedrooms fully carpeted with built-in cupboards.